October 09, 2023
2585 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2783 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

News Flash: Lew Pulsipher Has Been Cockpunched By Drake

More
06 Aug 2013 17:47 #157865 by SuperflyPete
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2013 18:06 - 06 Aug 2013 18:07 #157871 by scissors
haha I can't believe it. but wait, what's that graphic? wouldn't that be a dick slap? A Cock punch is just when you punch someone in the cock isn't it?

And why is Drake's dick blue? Is that his dick? Is he ejaculating blood or is that an eye? Man, he is badass.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 18:07 by scissors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
06 Aug 2013 18:20 - 06 Aug 2013 18:28 #157875 by Mr. White
That review is for dumb people. It's little more than an undeserved attack on the designer.

The game is a reprint from an '82 game and the reprint has kept the core game intact. It was the desired goal and the game scored high marks from reviewers here. Does Drake think Valley Games' Titan is terrible as well? Those of us that have been in the hobby for more than five years are cool with games like this.

Posting a link to the review here like it's some great news makes the site look amateurish.

It's fitting though. This place has kinda lost its way anyhow...
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 18:28 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, Black Barney

More
06 Aug 2013 18:26 #157877 by san il defanso

Jeff White wrote: It's fitting though. This place has kinda lost its way anyhow...

HAS F:AT IMPLODED?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax

More
06 Aug 2013 18:43 #157879 by Gary Sax
I do think he comes off as a condescending prick in his columns, but Dragon Rage is a pretty decent (if older) game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
06 Aug 2013 18:51 #157880 by san il defanso
In all seriousness, I think the review is weirdly personal against Pulsipher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Rliyen, SuperflyPete, Bull Nakano

More
06 Aug 2013 20:00 #157887 by SuperflyPete
@Jeff: It's a review. This is a review site. Get a grip. It wasn't on the front page.

@Scissors: LOL.

@ The rest: Think about it - the first page in the rules is a full page bio on a guy who is almost universally loathed (at least from what I've read here) for his arrogance. Yes, Britannia is a cool game. This game isn't, according to Drake, and he laid out why, sort of, in that the turns take too long for one side and the production quality is 80's stuff. So, he took out his frustration by beating up Lew for being an arrogant prick. Is it amateurish? Potato/Potahto. I hadn't seen the article here so I posted it in Trash Talk because I thought it was funny, and also, informative. Based on his review, I wouldn't want to play the game.

More
06 Aug 2013 20:13 - 06 Aug 2013 20:14 #157892 by Black Barney

Jeff White wrote: That review is for dumb people.

for teh record, this is why I 'thanked' this post. I didn't even read the rest until after.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 20:14 by Black Barney.

More
06 Aug 2013 20:19 #157893 by san il defanso
I don't sense that he's universally loathed at all. And even if he is super-arrogant, what difference does it make? Surely it being a crappy game is bad enough, isn't it?

Also, didn't Barnes give Dragon Rage a good review? I'm too lazy to search for it.

More
06 Aug 2013 20:24 #157894 by Shellhead
I've seen better reviews from Drake. This one failed to tell me much about the experience of playing the game, and made reference to a bunch of stuff that doesn't interest me much, like Pulsipher's arrogance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
06 Aug 2013 20:29 - 06 Aug 2013 20:31 #157895 by bfkiller

SuperflyTNT wrote: ... a guy who is almost universally loathed (at least from what I've read here)...

Huh? It was the same handful of people who kept jumping down his throat when he posted new (or recycled) blog entries. I know we have a small user base, but I'd hardly call that universal. I stopped reading his articles because they were dry and clinical, but I had no problem with the guy whatsoever.

And Drake's review sucked. Instead of knowing nothing about the game, I now know next to nothing.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 20:31 by bfkiller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Rliyen, jeb

More
06 Aug 2013 20:57 #157902 by TheDukester
What a complete fucking waste of time and energy. Both the alleged "review" and even bothering to post about it here.

I don't get your constant compulsion to try to stir shit up, Pete. It's not healthy.

And I want my 45 seconds back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schweig!

More
06 Aug 2013 21:23 #157904 by Bull Nakano
What a terrible review. It's uncomfortable in it's personal attacks and the main criticism is that this game from 1982 plays like a game from 1982.

More
06 Aug 2013 22:08 - 06 Aug 2013 22:15 #157906 by SuperflyPete

TheDukester wrote: What a complete fucking waste of time and energy. Both the alleged "review" and even bothering to post about it here.

I don't get your constant compulsion to try to stir shit up, Pete. It's not healthy.

And I want my 45 seconds back.

What the fuck, y'all? I didn't write the review, all I did was put it up in TRASH TALK. I didn't comment on it other than WOW. There have been TWO reviews of this game on F:AT and this is a review of an AMERITRASH GAME. How, precisely, is this some great evil by posting an AMERITRASH review of an AMERITRASH game, written by A FUCKING STAFF WRITER AT F:AT??? Just clue me in how this is less valuable and a waste of time than posting about "Superfly Circus Game of 2013" that all you high fived each other about?

So, what should I post, Duke? All your ass posts about these days is about how beneath you I am, oh, and an occasional apologist stance on how awesome Kickstarter is. We all know I'm so incredibly beneath you so I don't really get why you keep trying. I'm obviously an easy target. At least I write reviews and contribute SOMETHING, as obviously beneath you all as it may be.

Jesus Murphy, you fucking people suck sometimes.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 22:15 by SuperflyPete.

More
06 Aug 2013 22:25 #157907 by TheDukester

SuperflyTNT wrote: I didn't comment on it other than WOW.

Except when you later commented:

"Think about it - the first page in the rules is a full page bio on a guy who is almost universally loathed (at least from what I've read here) for his arrogance."

So ... not knowing what you're talking about, combined with posting just to stir shit up. Great. The reaction you're getting should be telling you something. Everything about this exercise, beginning with the so-called "review" itself, is wasting a lot of people's time.

+++++

And Kickstarter? Christsakes, Pete, find a new horse to flog. I'm not the one starting KS threads: that's you, in particular, among others. I rarely even comment on them any longer. And when I did comment, 90 percent of what I had to say was just reminding people how incredibly full of shit Michael "Unprofessional" Barnes is.

Is it the avatar that's confusing you? I use it solely because I know it gets a rise out of certain people here, and that makes me laugh. I'm sure I'll change it at some point to the next thing that amuses me. Until then, for fuck's sake, move on, Pete: I'm not the KS defender you're trying to paint me as.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds