October 09, 2023
2790 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2936 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

News Flash: Lew Pulsipher Has Been Cockpunched By Drake

More
08 Aug 2013 04:55 #158044 by SuperflyPete
Of late, I've made a valiant effort to get Kickstarter folks to put their adverts here. I joined a couple of FB "I'm a Kickstarter, And I'm Alright" type virtual clubs solely to do so. So, at least I'm good for the money...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2013 14:25 #158071 by Rliyen

Shellhead wrote: I think that Pete just loves the word cockpunch and was anxious to use it today.

北斗百コックパンチ拳!

More
08 Aug 2013 14:31 - 08 Aug 2013 14:41 #158073 by Sagrilarus

ThirstyMan wrote: Also, I concur, Pulsiphers articles are pretty boring and he does exude arrogance. On the other hand, I have it on good authority, that his articles bring a lot of traffic here.

Pulsipher appeared to be posting on various sites in support of his book ($13.99 Kindle Edition!) and I have it on my list for vacation in two weeks. I'll be honest, I'm not expecting a stunner. But long-form may be more suitable to his skillset (and age, and subject matter . . . ) so I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise. I don't have a problem with him promoting a book by writing here by the way.

Unfortunately I don't think Mr. Pulsipher really understood the nature of this particular site, where the tradition has been to bring support for your arguments or go down in flames. You can call someone full of shit, but the expectation here particularly in the early days was that you explain why afterwards.

That's where his problem would set in. His response to a legit question would often be on the lines of "I've done this since you were a baby so shut up" and that hasn't been sufficient here. It's not in the tradition of the site. In spite of the language and obnoxious behavior F:At tended to stay on topic and stay deep, ignoring bullshit posts when they came along. My personal opinion is that Pulsipher wasn't taking the time (or doesn't have the wherewithal I suppose, less likely, but possible) to propose a proper rebuttal, something exacerbated by not taking the time to create a proper article in the first place. In my opinion he was casting a wide net to get his name into the customer space and that meant not doing a particularly good job of catering to his audience in detail.

Sorry for being a dick Pete, but you do the same thing throwing the persecution card and calling people "fucktards". You can do that if it's your schtick, but it earns the same amount of respect that Pulsipher does. You need to back it up with something. Put as much effort into your rebuttals as you do your reviews. Quite frankly it appears our taste in games is pretty damn similar -- I'd appreciate a few more people sticking to their guns on Settlers and Stone Age.

By the way, I'm not a Site Elder, I'm just old. I wasn't here when the site began. I produced articles for a time and would love to do more but I'm short of time and short of ideas, so I look to people like San, whose material is fresh and top notch. He's the guy to beat right now, and looking to the old publishers to do it is asking a lot. You need fresh material. You need new writers to reinvigorate the old. You get better at it by doing it, so anyone that hasn't written is selling themselves short. In that spirit, I'll announce a contest with a legit prize -- write a review or analysis piece, submit it to me, and I'll have a team of Top Men pick a best-of-breed award and send a game to the winner. All entries will be on the block for publishing on F:At.

S.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2013 14:41 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Rliyen, Dr. Mabuse, SuperflyPete

More
08 Aug 2013 16:15 #158088 by SuperflyPete
I don't "play the persecution card" because, as noted, I'm pretty much invulnerable to giving a shit what people on the internet say about me.

I asked why putting a review from a F:AT staff writer about an Ameritrash game on a site called F:AT was somehow wrong. Nobody really addressed that.

I was told I am a shit stirrer. This may be true, but seeing as Lew Puls and Drake aren't really here much, who, precisely, was I stirring? If I wanted to stir shit, I could very easily troll Pulsipher's site, but I have no interest in doing so.

I'm told I'm an attention whore who acts ~EdGy~ yet I avoid sites that give me excess exposure, almost none of my Facebook posts are public, I reject 10x as many "Friend Requests" as I accept, and I never wrote on my blog more than a couple times a week at the peak, and now, a couple times a month is the norm. If I wanted attention, wouldn't I be writing everywere, all the time, and have a Twitter account or something? I never actively cross-posted my reviews anywhere but here and BGG, although some people posted them on their page for whatever reason, and I've never taken a dime out of the till that is game blogging. I mean, wouldn't I at least go to conventions in sparkly miniskirts or something? Nah, I'm just me and I don't actually crave attention, rather, I kind of avoid it but I'll never back down from an argument if I think I'm right, although I listen to others' input. That's not an attention whore, that's a reasonable person.

I've been told to not talk about beating people up, and I really can't remember when I ever said I was going to do so, although it's likely I did, but when I make a remark about a woman looking ridiculous in a Wonder Woman costume that's 3 sizes too small, I'm a misogynistic "cancer that should just die". I've never called anyone here "a cancer" and I've never wished death upon any of you. Oddly, if a fat dude came walking in wearing a Superman costume 3 sizes too small, and I made fun of him, I wouldn't be labelled a misogynist, I'd have a lot of you laughing with me. Absurdity is funny, and it's not gender-specific.

I've been labelled a homophobe by several people; Legomancer, Loter, TSCook...but don't recall ever having said anything anti-homosexual, especially since I've written Mitch McConnell 3 times on the matter of his opposition to gay marriage on "moral grounds". I mean, I was on the side of "WTF" in the "why are you saying GAY when you mean LAME" argument thread here. But still, I'm a homophobe because in an article, I called someone a jizzguzzler. Again, that's not homophobic, that's calling someone "a person who drinks sperm". I don't care if I was gay as George Takei, I'd never drink jizz, that's fucking nasty. I've never splashed in a woman's mouth because it's fucking disgusting and degrading. But, because of that, I'm a homophobe.

Again, I don't really give two fucks how you guys view me. I'm me, I'm clearly not who you think I am, and every person who has met me from F:AT thought I was alright, aside from Ken, who thought I was "Ari Gold", a phrase I still have yet to understand.

Whatevers. I just work here.

More
08 Aug 2013 16:25 #158090 by Black Barney
The following user(s) said Thank You: flim_flam

More
08 Aug 2013 17:03 #158098 by bomber

SuperflyTNT wrote:

tscook wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote:

tscook wrote: So Pete is simultaneously boring and ~eDgY~ in real life?

Yeah, I never got the whole "edgy" thing. I think people try to be "edgy" (whatever the fuck that means in reality) and they're faking it for attention. Me, I'm me. Call it what you want.

And your mom thought I was edgy when I had her legs at the edge of the bed, and wiping my dick off on her curtains is never boring. ;)

So you're not faking it for attention, you're just naturally a cretin desperate for attention in any way, shape or form. Thanks for the clarification.

What the hell makes you think I want attention? I couldn't give a fuck. You don't see me going around posting all over the web, don't see me talking in multiple threads about reviews I've done that don't get any responses...I don't really need people's attention. I post what I post, and if you choose to respond, great, if not, I don't really give two shits.

I left BGG because I got TOO MUCH fucking attention. I just wanted to write reviews and go on about my day. But muhvuggas always have to put their 2 cents in.

I know what you mean but you should just post your stuff in geeklists or blogs and turn off "allow comments".

More
08 Aug 2013 17:21 #158102 by SuperflyPete
didn't know that was an option...and where were you 4 years ago or whatever?? :)

More
08 Aug 2013 17:39 #158104 by bomber
sure its easy to set up!

anyway, never mind that, why dont you tell me where the source of this comment is. I have a wonder woman fetish and would like to test my limits

SuperflyTNT wrote: , but when I make a remark about a woman looking ridiculous in a Wonder Woman costume that's 3 sizes too small

More
08 Aug 2013 17:45 #158108 by SuperflyPete
About 4 years ago my wife dressed as wonder woman and NAILED it. I was standing RIGHT THERE at bars we were hopping and dudes were coming up to me and asking if she was married. I messed with them hard... "I think she is, but her husband is a pussy...you could probably take him..." all kinds of shit. We all had fun with it, including the guys I was pranking.

Good times. And no, Lee, I won't send you a picture. As Tom Hanks once said, "No, no that one I save just for me. "
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomber

More
08 Aug 2013 17:46 - 08 Aug 2013 17:48 #158109 by bomber
but who was the ridiculous one in the 3 sizes too small outfit?

If you show me a picture of your wife in a normal photo I can probably extrapolate to the shiny blue pants thing though, win win for both of us

why aren't more games based around the theme of Lynda Carters thighs.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2013 17:48 by bomber.

More
08 Aug 2013 18:21 #158114 by tscook

I don't "play the persecution card" because, as noted, I'm pretty much invulnerable to giving a shit what people on the internet say about me.

So here have 500 words explaining how I do give a shit.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Schweig!, TheDukester

More
08 Aug 2013 20:29 #158122 by SuperflyPete
Not explaining why I give a shit, explaining why you're wrong. Like I said, I love a good argument.

More
08 Aug 2013 20:37 - 08 Aug 2013 20:38 #158124 by scissors
ts cook cockpunched again. I think he likes it.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2013 20:38 by scissors.

More
08 Aug 2013 21:42 #158130 by SuperflyPete
STILL waiting to hear why posting an AT review article by an FAT staff writer about an FT game at FAT is stirring the pot or somehow an affont to the FAT way of life.

Just sayin'. Fuckers be actin' like I wrote it.

More
08 Aug 2013 23:37 - 08 Aug 2013 23:48 #158135 by Schweig!

SuperflyTNT wrote: STILL waiting to hear why posting an AT review article by an FAT staff writer about an FT game at FAT is stirring the pot or somehow an affont to the FAT way of life.

Just sayin'. Fuckers be actin' like I wrote it.

You were criticized for writing a dumb post about a dumb review.

That is all.

(P.S. I mean you could've done worse; like writing a couple of rap verses.)

(P.P.S. If you're in the process of firing up MS Paint in order to combine two images with added pixel blood, that could be a good indicator that the post, which the image is created for, might lack merit in the opinion of others.)
Last edit: 08 Aug 2013 23:48 by Schweig!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., SuperflyPete

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds