October 09, 2023
2530 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What IOS games have you been playing?

More
11 Jun 2014 21:10 - 11 Jun 2014 21:12 #180315 by tin0men
Hmmm MrJackPocket... I owned MJ and the expansion but traded it away a few years ago. I recall My wife and I played it a bit, simple and she could get her head around it well enough. But I got a good offer on it in trade; damned if I can remember what.

Anyway, it looks well implemented - question is, how does it actually _play_ :D Only two whole reviews in the appstore... And the 2nd one complains that the game called him a weenie for bailing on a game. :P

As usual, I just jumped on the $2.99 Dream Quest, but am hanging back for more reviews on the $5.99 MJP.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2014 21:12 by tin0men.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2014 03:19 #180342 by mads b.
It is really good on the android platform
The following user(s) said Thank You: tin0men, milehighlander

More
14 Jun 2014 14:19 #180526 by Black Barney
was about to drop 10 bucks on Magic 2014 for iPad (why isn't this like 5 bucks with Magic 2015 right around the corner?) but I couldn't find the credit card so I tried Hearthstone for the first time.

Lots of fun, i really like it. Little intimidated by all the choices and I may have got into deck construction a little too early. Man, playing ranked matches sure is a humbling experience. I got demolished. I like the quests a ton. I guess I'll start by unlocking all the characters in practice mode and build a deck of each?

The things that say that they add health to other cards or attack to other cards only work on cards that were already on the field, right? It doesn't seem to work on incoming cards (like Magic does)

More
14 Jun 2014 15:28 #180529 by Michael Barnes
Little Damn Town. It's Carcassonne for the first half. Second half monsters attack and you've got to use the roads you built to get your people in the castles to temples at the corners of the board. I thought it was going to be awful, but it's actually good. A little Pompeii in there too.

More
17 Jun 2014 11:37 #180657 by Black Barney
Is there a Hearthstone thread started? Holy crap is this game fun. Can the Arena possibly be any more fun to play? What an amazing deal for 150 gold. That's where the game is. I can't get enough of it.

I've given up on my Paladin in constructed. I think Mage is the only way to go until I get good enough cards to play Druid (that looks like the best to me so far). I won't go back to constructed for a long time tho. This draft stuff is great.

More
17 Jun 2014 12:40 #180663 by hotseatgames
There is a Hearthstone thread. I never played it again after getting trounced by that ridiculously overpowered legendary card I bitched about in that thread.

More
17 Jun 2014 13:58 #180671 by Bullwinkle
Qvadriga. It's basically Circus Maximus with simultaneous turns and a fantastic single-player campaign. Be warned: the in-race UI is brilliant (which is by far the most important thing), but outside the races it's supremely clunky.

More
17 Jun 2014 16:30 #180687 by Black Barney

hotseatgames wrote: There is a Hearthstone thread. I never played it again after getting trounced by that ridiculously overpowered legendary card I bitched about in that thread.

But you can build it for 1600 dust! Legendary's are exceedingly rare, no? Like 1 per 20 packs? Blizzard seems to be top-notch for making nerfs and game balance changes (which become the main reason to always hang on to cards, to dust them if they get nerfed for full value! wow)

But yeah constructed has got to be TOUGH if you don't have the cards. I think the top decks only have like 6 legendaries in them approx. But still.

More
18 Jun 2014 13:02 #180758 by iguanaDitty

Black Barney wrote: Is there a Hearthstone thread started? Holy crap is this game fun. Can the Arena possibly be any more fun to play? What an amazing deal for 150 gold. That's where the game is. I can't get enough of it.

Arena is pretty much all I'm playing right now. I have about given up on Warlock in Arena, but any other class is capable and fun. Warlock I feel like I have to play a rush deck or nothing at all, and then inevitably Paladin and Mage and Druid beat the crap out of me.

More
18 Jun 2014 14:05 #180763 by Black Barney
Warlock and merlocks were made for each other which gives you an idea of how terrible it must be in limited (boosted draft). Mage is amazing with basic cards which is why it's easily the best deck for new players and likely the best hero for booster drafts. I'm using Druid I think in my current booster draft. Those cards seem to be the best for constructed but I'm enjoying it in booster draft. Arena is amazing. It's all I'll do for a long time I think.

I got my first epic card yesterday! It's some sort of sick Merloc boost. One of my rares is Merloc so I'm starting to think I should be looking that way...

More
29 Jun 2014 00:05 #181316 by lj1983
brief history of the world is on sale today.

playing world of tanks blitz...all the time.

More
29 Jun 2014 09:58 #181321 by Black Barney
Still hooked on HEARTHSTONE. Arena is where it's at. I'm 4-0 with Priest deck I drafted and it's awesome. Doing the quests is a blast too. I try to do one a day. I accidentally did all three yesterday :)

More
30 Jun 2014 02:10 #181341 by Not Sure
I was playing Hearthstone for a bit, then went on vacation and never picked it up again.

Been playing a lot of Plundernauts recently, which is dumb grindy fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
30 Jun 2014 06:25 #181342 by repoman
Played World of Tanks yesterday. Seems ok. I'm terrible at it naturally but I did blow at least one person up. Seems like you could pay money to get better tanks which I won't do but it also seems like the matchmaker puts comparable tanks into each battle so it's not like my little put put tank has to fight a Firefly or anything.

More
30 Jun 2014 08:17 - 30 Jun 2014 08:19 #181346 by lj1983
the better tanks you can buy just put you into battles with other tanks of the same tier. they really aren't better than comparable tier tanks, you just jump ahead alittle bit.

as you go up, you'll be placed against different tiers. I think the starting tanks only play against other starting tanks, but the laters will put you in against higher and lower tier tanks.

the starting tanks are awful. but I guess they are supposed to be post-great war tanks.

it is annoying how many small run/prototype/unknown tanks there are. but i guess you need to use them in order to have different tanks to rank up through.

First couple tiers go pretty fast, but the grind really kicks in on Tier 4.
Last edit: 30 Jun 2014 08:19 by lj1983.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.683 seconds