October 09, 2023
2804 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2943 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
15 Nov 2016 17:04 #238514 by jeb

boothwah wrote: Also- reached level 40 on Destiny and am grinding up "light level" - Starting to see the cracks in the armor there - I think the MMO portion of Destiny is the busted part - It's a decent functional shooter - the PvP is palatable - but the material and rep grinding is starting to get a bit tiresome - I think if they went more lightweight on MMO part for Destiny 2 and reformatted it as loot game with open world co-op and matchmaking(a la Borderlands/Destiny) they would get more mileage out of it.

Make sure you download the Ishtar Commander app to a phone or tablet. It makes that gear grind a lot better, letting you define sets and quickly equip them, while also tracking your highest possible light level gear and throwing that on you when you decrypt engrams. For example, I play with MIDA Multi-tool practically all the time, but my highest LL primary is some shitty Blue drop. IC lets me equip that and all the other dross to get me to say, 322 or so, decrypt stuff, and then let's me quickly get back to my fly-looking 316 LL fighting kit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2016 17:07 - 15 Nov 2016 17:09 #238515 by Gary Sax

hotseatgames wrote:

Gary Sax wrote: To rodeo you just jump at a Titan and it automatically happens if they don't kill you while you're jumping at them (e.g. punching them).

I'm trying to remember but part of the issue may be that the campaign never has you fight Titans on foot, only from your own Titan. Multiplayer (depending on mode) is driven by the combination of Titan/foot combat and all the stuff that arises from that.

I'm way, way better with a Titan FWIW, so don't stress if you die in the parkour Call of Duty part of the multiplayer a lot.

Yeah, I played some bounty this afternoon and ended up on top of a titan by accident. I pulled its battery (again by accident) but died before I could install it in a friendly titan. Once you have an enemy on your back, is there a way to get the enemy off of you? This game is really fun... I am really bad at it.

Titans have electric smoke on them you trigger with I believe left on the dpad---it will prompt you when you gain access to it, you don't have it right away on titanfall, you need to score some points, kill some dudes and then it'll tell you "electric smoke available" or whatever.

So what you do is when you see someone rodeoing you, you hit the smoke and then kneel down your titan. You can kill someone before they can extract your battery. If they're quick thinking they'll jump off when they see the electric smoke. Also useful against pilots around your feet running around or NPC grunts and whatnot.

This is also another reason to roll with other titans and stay around other pilots. They can pretty easily shoot people off who are on your titan, and you're a sitting duck for a long time while you extract the battery or drop a grenade in a titan.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2016 17:09 by Gary Sax.

More
15 Nov 2016 17:22 #238518 by Vlad
I have hit a point where I don't feel like playing Dark Souls anymore.
It's really weird, because it has been practically (with very few exceptions) the only games I was steadily playing on the console for the last 4 years.
It reminds me of that moment when Forrest Gump suddenly decides he's tired of running around the US and goes home.

I loaded up Diablo 3 yesterday. I really liked that: a) it had a story, b) i was not afraid of the bad guys, c) the thoughtlessness of it. I did not like that the levels are so long, samey and that I could not find any shortcuts to bonfires. I think I am into a period of re-adjustment.

More
15 Nov 2016 17:39 #238521 by Gary Sax
Me too. I ran out of gas on Dark Souls 3 DLC content. I'll probably return at some point, but after platinuming DS3 I'm out of gas for its formula.

More
15 Nov 2016 18:15 #238524 by Vlad
I made the decision not to play it while about to buy the DLC.

I think I'm tired of the melancholy and inherently (because loops) circular story. I would love to see the fighting mechanics in a different type of game - like Assassin Creed or Witcher (which I can't play because combat is so lame).

More
15 Nov 2016 19:23 #238528 by Hex Sinister
Barney, remind me why don't you play Hearthstone.

P.S. that MTG virtual tabletop makes p00p squirt out of my eyes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
15 Nov 2016 20:35 #238533 by Black Barney
That's a fair question. The grind is too harsh, the game is only about top decking and who curves better. There is not enough luck. I only really enjoyed Arena.

I've always loved Magic. I just hate Magic players, always have. This digital version smells and feels better

You're right that it looks like an abortion . I might have to cross state lines to play it soon. It's the only game I have to sit close to my big tv to play cuz I can't see anything from far.

I really love it tho. When Hearthstone comes to Xbox one, I'm sure I'll play it. Gwent will be free to play and looks great, I'm sure I'll love that
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
16 Nov 2016 02:12 #238540 by Hex Sinister
I'm just burnt out on magic. Even though I hadn't played regularly in ages, I'd play the microprose(?) solo game like daily for years. If this is what the game looks like, I can't bite. Then there's the addiction element coupled with those things... I spend too much time on the computer already.

As if I'm not going to log 2 hours of Hearthstone right now, lol. I dunno, I find it refreshing post-magic.

Gwent looks wierd, I dunno. Could be cool.

More
16 Nov 2016 11:46 #238566 by Black Barney
both Gwent and Magic: Duels are free. FREE Hex! You should at the very least try both.

If it helps, I don't find Magic; Duels to be that addictive. I can totally just play one or two matches a day and be totally satisfied.

I'm going to try Gems of War finally after all this procrastinating. It's free as well and scratches the Puzzle Quest itch really well which I was hopelessly addicted to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
18 Nov 2016 00:37 #238733 by hotseatgames
I did the tutorial for Gwent tonight. Seems like a cool game. I was hoping it would have some single player but it doesn't seem to, at this point.

Finished the campaign of Titanfall 2. That was a really good campaign, and short of Doom, the best I've played this year. I also have reached level 9 in multiplayer. I'm still very bad.

More
18 Nov 2016 09:52 - 18 Nov 2016 09:54 #238751 by Black Barney
It's you guys here that told me Gwent is basically Condontierre right ?

Hotseat, the full version of Gwent is supposed to have a massive single player mode. Like really big.
Last edit: 18 Nov 2016 09:54 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
18 Nov 2016 10:33 #238757 by hotseatgames
I take it back... Gwent has practice against AI opponents. Unfortunately they are opponents with amazing decks and they obliterate you, just like you'd find online. Why can't games provide challenges appropriate to skill level anymore?

More
18 Nov 2016 10:54 #238764 by RobertB
So I got started on Elite: Dangerous. It's a sandbox more than a game, which I guess I knew going in. I'm flailing around and learning while doing.

My X-36 joystick did not work out well. My PC runs Windows 10, and drivers are scarce for 15-year-old hardware. There are some homegrown Windows 7 drivers, but Windows 10 doesn't like them. I may monkey with this a little more as an intellectual challenge, but I think it has given up the ghost. That's a shame, too, because it is a lot nicer than the Thrustmaster low-end HOTAS that I ended up replacing it with.

More
18 Nov 2016 11:23 #238769 by Black Barney
i think Pete dabbled in that for a bit, Robert. It's really tempting for me to get. I think i would just want to dock and undock my ship non-stop. it looks like so much fun.

More
18 Nov 2016 14:12 #238787 by boothwah

Black Barney wrote: i think Pete dabbled in that for a bit, Robert. It's really tempting for me to get. I think i would just want to dock and undock my ship non-stop. it looks like so much fun.

Are you talking about Shower Rescue, again?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds