October 09, 2023
2614 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2810 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
03 Nov 2016 07:58 #237398 by stoic
Looks like I have a lot of games to check out on the Xbox One! Thanks for the recommendations!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2016 13:03 #237406 by jeb
Keep an eye on the free monthly games too, stoic. There are some gems in there sometimes. Patience can pay off.

More
03 Nov 2016 21:03 #237422 by stoic

stoic wrote: Regarding Mordheim, I love the idea of this game, but, this video game is unplayable for serious play at the moment since the entire HUD isn't displayed on the screen in the Xbox One version. I can't see the entire text on the left side and top of the screen. WTF? I can't see my warband's morale.

I was able to adjust this on my tv's settings to see the HUD so all is well.

More
03 Nov 2016 21:21 - 03 Nov 2016 21:22 #237425 by Gary Sax

Michael Barnes wrote: I tried to get a refund on Mordheim. Avoid it.

Yeah, Titanfall 2 is super duper. It is the rare FPS that feels up there with Halo and the best of the best...it's as slick and polished as a Call of Duty game, but the one weird trick is that they borrowed elements from various "alternative" shooters that were popular during the CoD era to innovate. There clearly a lot of Mirror's Edge in it, for example. Going further back, a little Shogo.

I'm just playing th campaign right now but it's actually great so far. The tutorial is actually a speed run level not unlike the Mirror's Edge time trials. You play it while the game installs. I kept at it for about 20 minutes beyond that because it was really fun.

It's almost as much a platformer as a FPS.

Oh, mechs. They're good! Cool weapons, a sense of being in a walking tank, it has a personality...good stuff.

I Gameflyed it, but I'm going to convert it to a buy.

I love the changeup in multiplayer that Titans represent. They become a focal point, like a marker on a battlefield otherwise filled with random dudes who might be hiding in buildings shooting you in the head randomly. Once you're in that TItan, mfers with a sniper rifle literally cannot hurt you with it. It's pointless. It's very empowering.

The ground stuff feels like really good Call of Duty innovations. Getting the wall run to work so amazingly well is a huge achievement. Also, all the weapons are cool. Even Titan weapons are cool. Right now I"m still using the initial Ion Titan with the laser and energy machine gun and I'm hoping to level that up but at some point it's going to be a lot of fun to jump into one of the other mechs.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2016 21:22 by Gary Sax.

More
06 Nov 2016 20:47 #237555 by Sevej
So finally this weekend I continued my Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines adventures. I actually restarted with a Toreador, but, against the internet, with melee weapons.

It's a lot like, and should be up there with, Deus Ex. I wish more RPGs set in a normal (not war torn/under martial law) city, and put the city as core gameplay background instead just as a "hub". This is a game that I really could get into and play at least twice.

More
06 Nov 2016 21:31 #237558 by Gary Sax
Absolutely mainlining titanfall multiplayer. Using the laser LMG and Ion Titan exclusively. The laser cannon on Ion's shoulder is amazing... people online in Titans and on foot do not give it any respect, it has no spread and perfect aim if you get it right. I've shot pilots (usually sniping from a roof) across the map no bigger than blips with it, thrilling. Probably going to max level those two weapons before moving on. I make almost all my points in the Titan, which I am much better with.

Only multiplayer shooter that has ever rivaled it for me is gears 2. I cannot overemphasize how great it feels to play, just the act of getting back to the fray after dying (wall running faster than running) is a pleasure.

More
06 Nov 2016 21:32 #237559 by jeb
Playing DIABLO III again, on Hard, rolling a Crusader this time. I played with a hacker a few years ago and my Paragon level is 2600, and that kind of sucks. It's not fixable though, without retiring my Blizzard handle, and that's not going to happen. Oh well. So I don't feel like I can use Paragon levels without feeling tainted.

That said, Crusader seems a bit dorkish in the early game. Has a weird offense/defense dynamic that isn't totally working for me.

More
07 Nov 2016 08:23 #237578 by Legomancer
I've been playing Destiny, rolling out of my comfort zone to do strikes with randos and raids with some pals. I even did a Crucible match with them where I just got killed over and over. Having a lot of fun. I'll never "master" it and don't really want to, but like, last night I went exploring the Dreadnaught to find where a charged Argonath rune is used, found it, and soloed the resultant encounter. That was fun.

Not too much else I'm interested in at the moment. I'll probably pick up Doom when it's cheap. I liked Dishonored but not sure I need Dishonored 2. I'll see what people say about it. People tell me Rise of the Tomb Raider is the shit, but I thought the previous one was a big wad of nothing, so I dunno.

More
07 Nov 2016 08:27 #237580 by Black Barney
Not much Gwent talk going on for a forum full of frickin losers..

More
07 Nov 2016 10:42 #237597 by jeb
GWENT is for PC losers. PvZ HEROES is the new CCG of choice, get with the 2010s, man.

Nevermind about Crusader above, I leveled to Hammer and now I kill everything on the screen without thinking about it. Finished Act I last night. Probably need to bump up the difficulty one more notch to Master. Might have to tune that against Bosses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
07 Nov 2016 13:33 #237623 by Hex Sinister
We've been trying to get the Whimseyshire staff. Wow. Getting that last drop is annoying. When you play on Normal difficulty there is a lot of orange drops though and monsters die when you fart. But we get bored and go back to T1 or T2 after the 2nd hour...

Been getting back into Hearthstone a bit after a period of burnout. Worst beatdown was this fish paladin build that lethal'd me in like 3 turns. I literally got to play a one drop and shield up and that was it. Never a fucking axe or board wipe when you need it. Still, great game.

More
07 Nov 2016 14:13 #237629 by jeb
Sorry about that Murloc loss, Hex. It's small consolation to know those decks lose more than they win. When they win, it's a ridiculous Grimscale orgy, largely powered by The Coin. When they lose, it's as one-sided, they have NO staying power, and the recover is very poor. I've been bouncing around Rank 19 for days, suffering as things don't break my way. Playing Malygos Druid, I rolled Moat Lurker from my Heal-for-6-Portal when I needed board presence. Another game, my Shaman opponent opens with T1: Tunnel Trogg into T2: Tunnel Trogg, The Coin, Totem Golem. Played a Mage that went into top-deck mode and drew, in order: The Flamestrike he needed, Medivh, Firelands Portal---it went south I am saying.

Mike Barnes noted this earlier, DIABLO III is such good entertainment. You can make it into a Grail hunt, like you're doing, or you can make it an arcadey mashfest, running rifts with buddies online. It's a blast.

More
07 Nov 2016 14:47 #237634 by Hex Sinister
Yeah, the murock deck seemed pretty glass cannon. Any number of low cost cards could have shut it down but all I had was an execute. I've been mostly just doing dailies and built a few shit decks for them like Secrets and Battlecry themed. I find these type of quests more interesting than "kill w/ druid 5x" over and over.

Diablo 3 put my fiance's hand in a bandage lol. Kids, don't play D3 for 10 hours straight. Seriously, they need to make smaller controls for the ladies, fuck.

More
08 Nov 2016 12:19 #237738 by Josh Look
Been playing some good stuff that's either older or off the beaten path.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- I've come to realize that I really like SHMUP/Bullet Hell games. I had this game aways back but I don't think I was ready for it. I love it now. It's hard as shit though. I'm on Easy and I'm still getting my ass handed to me by the final boss. I'll probably be score chasing for a bit once I finish the story.

Assault Suit Leynos- Playing this on my PS4 after seeing it on Metal Jesus Rock's PS4 hidden gems video. I never played Target Earth on Genesis, so I have nothing to compare with, but this game is awesome. Also hard.

TMNT (GBA)- Remember that mid-2000s animated Turtles movie? This is based on that and is WAAAAAYY better than the console versions. It's side-scrolling beat em up, possibly the best one with the TMNT in it (been awhile since I've played Turtles in Time, so I'll have to reassess once my copy of Hyperstone Heist arrives). I love the GBA, it's my favorite of Nintendo's handhelds and this has always been one of my favorite games on it. Perfect for this recent bout of Turtle-Mania that's struck me.

More
08 Nov 2016 13:07 #237741 by hotseatgames
I am working my way through Zombie Army Trilogy. It's basically 3rd person Left 4 Dead. Not bad, not great. Sniper Elite III is far better.

Tried Punch Club, but the punishing grind they expect you to put up with was just too much.

Also checking out Hacker Evolution. It's fun typing in commands and trying to figure out how to break into various systems under tight constraints.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.601 seconds