October 09, 2023
2585 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2783 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

SW7 trailer is out

More
01 Dec 2014 10:20 #191660 by Joebot
Replied by Joebot on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Tatooine AGAIN??

I understand this was just a "teaser" trailer, but that was nothing but an incoherent, disjointed mish-mash of images. A good teaser should give you SOME sense of the plot or theme. That trailer was like Abrams looked around and said, "What shots have we got done so far? That's it?? Fuck it, splice 'em together and we'll call it a 'teaser!'"

One thing the trailer was successful at was reinforcing that my most-anticipated movie of 2015 is ... Avengers 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2014 10:22 #191661 by Columbob
Replied by Columbob on topic Re: SW7 trailer
What I expected out of the trailer were lasers (of the lightsaber variety or others), spaceships and aliens. I got a droid instead, which is almost the same in the SW universe, so most boxes got checked. Looks good. I'm sure it'll make a killing at the box office. In a year.

More
01 Dec 2014 10:34 #191662 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Columbob wrote: I'm sure it'll make a killing at the box office. In a year.

To be fair, the movie could be a drawn out two hour scene of Han Solo buttfucking Princess Leia while Chewy videos it for a hologram...and it would still make 2.5 billion worldwide. Just sayin.

More
01 Dec 2014 10:40 #191664 by 433
Replied by 433 on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Joebot wrote: Tatooine AGAIN??

You shouldn't be too surprised, the patriarch of the central family and one one of his children were born there. It's showed up in five of the six films, it's going to continue to do so until the Death Star III blows it up.

I understand this was just a "teaser" trailer, but that was nothing but an incoherent, disjointed mish-mash of images. A good teaser should give you SOME sense of the plot or theme. That trailer was like Abrams looked around and said, "What shots have we got done so far? That's it?? Fuck it, splice 'em together and we'll call it a 'teaser!'"

Teaser trailers give you images and a basic look and feel of a film. When the actual trailer is released, you'll get more of an idea of what it's about. I don't really need another trailer myself, I'm all in.

More
01 Dec 2014 10:50 #191666 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Joebot wrote: That trailer was like Abrams looked around and said, "What shots have we got done so far? That's it?? Fuck it, splice 'em together and we'll call it a 'teaser!'"

Exactly. The movie isn't due for release for another year, so expecting a legit teaser polished to release-grade standards is short-sighted. He also has to keep this tease stringing along for another twelve months, so it's the equivalent of the stripper taking their hat off.

My most-anticipated movie is Mad Max, which isn't getting a lot of love right now.

S.

More
01 Dec 2014 13:05 #191690 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Green Lantern wrote:

Sevej wrote: I can understand Thirsty's viewpoint. Now there's a lot of smartasses making "detailed analysis" of everything, defining every loophole, drawing definitions and references from anything they want... completely dissolving movie magic.

It's like a board game reviewer dissecting every single mechanism of a board game while forgetting to notice the overall dynamic of the game...

Quick tip: if you don't want to discuss the Force Awakens trailer...don't browse a thread dedicated to it. You. Are. Welcome.

Piss off. I browse where I want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look

More
01 Dec 2014 15:18 #191704 by 433
Replied by 433 on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Sagrilarus wrote: My most-anticipated movie is Mad Max, which isn't getting a lot of love right now.

From what I hear, the trailer is the movie. It's one two-hour long action scene. Very sparse dialogue.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that, too. March!

More
01 Dec 2014 16:18 #191720 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: SW7 trailer

433 wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: My most-anticipated movie is Mad Max, which isn't getting a lot of love right now.

From what I hear, the trailer is the movie. It's one two-hour long action scene. Very sparse dialogue.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that, too. March!

For some reason I thought this was going to be a re-make and I was not at all interested in that. But after reading this I checked it out again... it is supposed to be a part 4! Now my curiosity is piqued and I want to see it.

Although I never really liked the first one that much and the third one is only sporadically great... but the world is cool and the second one is phenomenal so that is enough to keep my hopes high.

As to which is more interesting... who knows. I have a hard time pitting movies against each other like that and these two, besides being for men who never grew up, have almost nothing in common.

More
01 Dec 2014 16:34 - 01 Dec 2014 16:36 #191722 by Helljin
Last edit: 01 Dec 2014 16:36 by Helljin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

More
02 Dec 2014 12:01 #191768 by Green Lantern
Replied by Green Lantern on topic Re: SW7 trailer

ThirstyMan wrote:

Green Lantern wrote:

Sevej wrote: I can understand Thirsty's viewpoint. Now there's a lot of smartasses making "detailed analysis" of everything, defining every loophole, drawing definitions and references from anything they want... completely dissolving movie magic.

It's like a board game reviewer dissecting every single mechanism of a board game while forgetting to notice the overall dynamic of the game...

Quick tip: if you don't want to discuss the Force Awakens trailer...don't browse a thread dedicated to it. You. Are. Welcome.

Piss off. I browse where I want.

Fair enough but don't bitch about our discussion of the trailer in the thread created to do discuss it, HypocriteMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bfkiller

More
02 Dec 2014 12:53 #191774 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Helljin wrote: International Trailer

Black Friday Trailer

Those are so fake, they're a little painful to watch.

More
02 Dec 2014 15:20 #191784 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: SW7 trailer
For fucks sake. Geeks just have to be right ALL the time don't they.

I'll bitch if I want with or without your fucking permission, tosspot.

More
02 Dec 2014 16:14 - 02 Dec 2014 16:49 #191785 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: SW7 trailer
There is also the "George Lucas" version of the trailer.

It's well done I guess but filled with very predictable jokes.

As for geeks whining and nit picking trailers... that's just the world we live in now. That's one of the things we do. There are video's were people spend 30 minutes dissecting a 15 second trailer. It's just another hobby, another way for people to have fun. It's harmless.

It's not for me either, but I get it.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2014 16:49 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern

More
02 Dec 2014 16:14 - 02 Dec 2014 20:15 #191786 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Re: SW7 trailer
There's a big difference between legitimate discussion (which I'm guessing Thirsty initially looked for and was/is okay with) and the typical internet nerd bullshit, ie "The cross hilt makes no sense/looks dumb," or "The Falcon looks too skinny." You saw 88 seconds of what's likely to be a 2 hour movie and that makes you a fucking expert? It's become so predictable, how these mouthbreathers are going to come out of the basements and deeply analyze A PIECE OF FICTION, AND AN IMPOSSIBLE ONE AT THAT, so congrats to anyone thinking along those lines to adhere a stereotype. Makes it way easier for me to identify you and say "fuck off."

There's a quote by Grant Morrison that's been going around lately that I think pretty much sums up how I feel about douchebag internet nerds picking apart stuff like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Nolan's Dark Knight movies, Abram's Star Trek, or even Interstellar.

"People say kids can't understand the difference between fact and fiction, but that's bullshit. Kids understand that real crabs don't sing like the ones in The Little Mermaid. But you give an adult fiction, and the adult starts asking really fucking dumb questions like 'How does Superman fly? How do those eyebeams work? Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?' It's a fucking made-up story, you idiot! Nobody pumps the tires!"
Last edit: 02 Dec 2014 20:15 by Josh Look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso, ThirstyMan, Sevej, wadenels

More
02 Dec 2014 16:24 - 02 Dec 2014 16:27 #191787 by VonTush
Replied by VonTush on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Where does saying "Luke is a whiny bitch" fall in the spectrum?

EDIT: Seriously, he is. I fell asleep during the theatrical re-release of the remasterbated movies because I got tired of listening to him bitch and moan all the time.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2014 16:27 by VonTush.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds